How to Embed your YouTube Videos into word document
How to play and watch a YouTube video on Microsoft word (2003, 2007, 2010) document? It is useful for users to put or post a YouTube video on the word document to express their viewpoints. But many users do not know how to post Videos on their word document.
Microsoft word allows you to import Videos with this help of Macromedia Shockwave Object component. The following tutorial will teach you about how to insert a YouTube video into a word (2003, 2007, 2010) document.
How to embed a YouTube video in to a word (2003, 2007, 2010) document easily?
Before you import a video into a document, you need to add the "Shockwave Flash Object control" at first:
Now, please follow the steps below to add the "Shockwave Flash Object control" to your word at first.
1. Add the "Show Developer tab" into word 2007 or 2010 (Not for word 2003). Click Microsoft Office Button on the top left and click “word Options”, then go to the “word Options” window and click “Popular”. Please choose “Show Developer tab in the Ribbon” and click “OK”.
2. Add the "Shockwave Flash Object" into word 2007 or 2010. Click the “Developer” tab and go to “Controls” group, then click the icon of hammer and nail for “More Controls” to go to the “More Controls” window and select “Shockwave Flash Object” in the list, then click “OK” at the bottom and use your mouse to drag on the panel to resize the control.
3. Please right click the control to choose “Properties” and go to the “Properties” window, where you can add the related information for YouTube movie.
4. On the “Properties” window, you click the “Movie” property and put a YouTube movie path into the value textbox(e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMzHDIGK94w)
Note: after you add your YouTube video URL, you also need to have a change the url. Please delete "watch?" and use "/" to replace "=". You will see my YouTube video URL has changed as below: http://www.youtube.com/v/jMzHDIGK94w
5. To make your Video play automatically when the word is opened. Set the “Playing” as “True“ if you want your videos play automatically on word. To insert a movie into word document, you also need to set “Embed Movie” as “True”.
6. When all is OK, you save and close the “Properties” window. When you click the "Design Module" on the "Developer" tab, your YouTube video will load and play. And you embed a YouTube Video into your word document successfully.
Some other relevant tutorials in the following:
Some tags: microsoft 2003 office